One of my favorite family fall activities is apple picking! Once late August comes around I am constantly thinking about when we will go pick apples! When we lived in Colorado, Alex and I discovered our favorite apples were the Honey crisp apples. If you have not tried them yet...TRY THEM!!! They are AMAZING! Unfortunately, because they are so popular now they get picked through pretty quickly. Since we learned that a few years ago I always keep my eyes and ears open to know when they are ready.. since one year we were almost to late!
Of course it didn't look good for us this year; because they rippened unevenly and were not open to picking until later then usual. This made me very nervous because Alex went back to Wisconsin for his boys trip to the first packer game and I was scared we would have to put off our trip to the orchard 2 weeks! I checked the websites and facebook pages religiously!
I just knew the apples were going to be ready when he was there and we would miss prime picking! He said I could go without him but then it wouldn't be a family thing so I wasn't going to. It all ended up working out though because the day before he left they opened up the honeycrisp apples for picking!
Alex took a half day of work and we got to go! If that wasn't perfect timing I don't know what is! Reilly had a blast Apple picking. He even got to enjoy an apple as we were picking which I think might have been his favorite part. :) He also loved to pick the apples out and put them in the bag. After picking we let him see a few goats and pigs they had at the farm
and play on the playground. So it made for quite the nice family day.
After we got home I looked back at the pictures from last year. Its crazy how much he grew up in only a year! Last year was a completely different experience. This year he was more interactive and it was fun to see him enjoy himself so much. Here are a few pics from our trip. Can't wait for next year! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment