My baby rolled over! He really rolled over all by himself!!!!!!!! I am so excited, proud and happy right now! I don't even think words can explain my emotion. Last night Alex and I decided we should give Reilly a few more minutes of tummy time and we are so happy we did!
9/10 times Reilly does not like tummy time for more than a minute so I always dread this part of the day but realize be needs to do it. We first put him on his back on the playmat. (If you read one of the old posts and watched the clip of him on his playmat you would be able to tell he loves it.) It is so fun to see him dancing away to the flashing light, music and things hanging. Then we decided to roll him over for his tummy time. I would say in less than 10 seconds of being on his tummy he rolled himself over! We think he did it so fast because instead of being on his tummy he wanted to watch the flashing light and show off his amazing dance moves. But either way he did it! Alex and I were so happy we flipped him back on his tummy and he did it again! I am pretty sure the whole base could hear me screaming and cheering in excitement! (if I get this happy for him rolling over who knows how excited ill get when he starts crwaling or walking!)
It was so special that Alex and I got to experience him rolling over together. I know we wont be able to catch all of his firsts together but it would sure be amazing if we did! It makes me never want to leave him again because I know he will be learning new things everyday! Although I am excited to go back to coaching this week I am nervous that the 2 hours a day I am actually away from my beautiful baby he will reach another milestone! I feel truly blessed that I am able to be a stay at home mom for this part of him life.
Here are 2 clips from this morning. The first one of him doing tummy time and the second is a really short clip of him rolling over!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment