With Reilly's 18 month "bday" coming up I remembered I forgot to post his 17 month info. Silly me! Good thing I keep notes! ;) Reilly turned 17 months on May 27th. That is also the same day he said "here you go".
He has been talking a lot and trying really hard to get words out. Some of his favorite things to point out are lights which he calls "Laalaaaaaahhh" (he is trying super hard to say it!), he points out Stars and says "star", and points out things that are "HOT". He says "Haaaahhht" when he sees anythings with a flame or where a flame should be. He will even see an unlit fireplace or candle and call it "Haaaahhtt!" Where does he learn this! I mean I obviously have told him in the past but he walked up to a fireplace for the first time at my parents house and said hot while looking at me reaching out his hands. He is so intelligent it makes me wonder what else he truly understands but can't figure out the words to say!
He also points out monkeys and says "ah ah" (monkey noise), says "ruf ruf" at the sight of any doggie, and "quack quack" when he sees a duck. While we were walking through Target a few weeks ago he saw all 3 animals in the baby section. At first I thought he was just being silly and making noises and then I realized he was pointing to all 3 of them that were on assembled toys nearby. Not gunna lie... at that moment I was thinking "I have one smart kid!" He also raises his shoulders up and says "where'd it go?" with a curious face.
His favorite foods are Banana's which he calls "Nana" or "Nanana", and grapes. And I am pretty sure he would drink a whole container of milk if we let him throughout the day!
He is almost 22 lbs and 32 inches and getting into everything! It is crazy because in the past he would crawl under the table and pull him self up or run under the kitchen table and now he could practically bump his head underneath! His separation anxiety is def coming out now when he is in a unfamiliar situation or around people he doesn't know.
He is still a great sleeper going to bed around 6:45 everyday and sleeping til around 6:30 the next morning. (yes some may say put him to bed later so he wakes up later but "been there..done that" many a times and he just wakes up even earlier at 6:00am each time!) He still takes a great 2-3 hour nap each morning at 10am and about half the time goes down for a second nap between 2:30-3:30.
Its so hard to say what my favorite age has been so far. Alex def. thinks this is favorite. His little personality is showing through more and more each day and he is learning so much!
Here is a pic from his 17 month bday all dressed up with his doggie for Kelly and Brent's wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment