Sunday, June 9, 2013

Cooper Ryan Keller

Cooper Ryan Keller was born after a very fast delivery on April 21, 2013 at 4:57pm. He was born weighing 8lbs and was 21 inches long. :)















I was scheduled to be induced on Monday April 22, but my little peanut decided he wanted to show up early. :) The Friday before Coop made his debut I started getting a pain on the right side of my stomach and feeling contractions. I was having quite a few of them throughout the afternoon but the contractions did not hurt. Since I was induced with Reilly, I had never gone into labor on my own and had no idea what it was going to feel like. With the amount of contractions I was having I got a little nervous but when I asked my friend Erica about it she said I would know when it was time to go into the hospital because it would hurt! So that Friday I put my feet up and rested. When I woke up Saturday it felt like a normal day. No contractions or pains to speak of. Then Sunday morning rolled around and I woke up at 2 am with horrible back pains I couldn't even sleep. (I have had back problems since High School and it always acts up more when I'm pregnant so I thought it was annoying and uncomfortable but didn't think much of it.) Around 11:00 am I tried to take a nap since my back was still hurting and then I started feeling contractions. Enough so, that I couldn't even really rest. Since I didn't know what labor really felt like when it came on its own and since I had all the contractions Friday I didn't think I was really in labor. I thought it was just my body preparing. The contractions never really stopped coming and eventually they were getting closer together (but I still didn't think I was in labor). I downloaded an app on my phone to count the contractions just because I started getting curious.
After lunch, my mom and I took Reilly out back to play. He was having so much fun and learning how to pedal his tricycle by himself. It was def a nice distraction! (the videos I took of him pedaling for the first time are lost but hopefully I will find it and post it soon because this Mommy was sooooo proud!). I noticed the contractions were starting to get closer and more uncomfortable but not painful. My mom suggested we go for a walk with Reilly to jump start the labor. I walked maybe a half block before I had to stop. We then came inside and I was planning to rest. My mom kept saying she thought I was in labor but I think I just didn't want to believe her. I was more than ready for Coop but not at all ready for the pain of labor. My mom looked up online signs of labor and I could pretty much check off many of the boxes so I decided to call the doctor.
One of my biggest fears for whatever reason was to go into the hospital thinking I was in labor and then be sent home because it was false labor or I wasn't far enough along. My doctor decided to have me come in and get checked. I was so nervous! I didn't tell anyone I was going into the hospital becuase I was scared I was going to be sent right back home.
I got to the hospital around 3:15 and by that point the contractions were getting stronger. When I got in, the nurse hooked me up to the machine and made some comment about how the contractions magically disappear when people come into the hospital.... almost like she thought I was making it up or that I wasn't really in labor. (this comment annoyed me!)

*****WARNING: DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT DETAILS *****

When the nurse checked me I was at 3 cm. My doctor was there and told me to walk around or hang out and they would check me again in an hour and decide if I should stay or go home. All that was going through my head was that I was going to be sent home so I made sure not to tell anyone I was at the hospital in labor. I figured whenever I got admitted I would start sending the texts to family and friends. As I walked around the contractions were getting VERY painful. We went back to the room and the doctor came in and without checking me saw the pain I was in and said she was going to send for the epidural. This scared me and made me anxious because it meant the baby was coming!!! I got into bed and they checked me again. I was at 8 cm! My labor was moving fast now and Coop was def ready to come! The worst part about it was once they said I was 8 cm the nurses and drs came in and said it was to late for the epidural!!!!!!! I didn't believe them and I think asked for an epidural 100 times! Then all the sudden it was time to push. I think I only pushed 3 sets and Coop was there!
 It happened sooooo fast I couldn't believe it! I am pretty sure everyone in the town could hear me screaming it hurt so much! (Its one thing to go into it knowing you are going to do it natural and its another to think you are getting an epidural and don't!)
I was at the hospital for less than 2 hours before Cooper Ryan Keller was born. (Its a good think my Mom and Alex convinced me to go in and get checked!)  I guess even though it hurt like Hell I would take it over a long labor! The doctor made a comment about how the next time I have a baby to come in the first sign of pain labor since it went so fast! (When I went in for my 6 week checkup my doctor made a comment about how she will never forget that labor...I'm hoping it is because it was so fast and no because of my yelling ;) )
For the next one I will most def be going in at the first signs of labor so the doctors know I apparently go fast and to make sure I get my epidural!! :)

Many more posts to come on our little peanut and our beautiful little family! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment