Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cities were designed by men

On Monday, I went downtown to meet my friend Kelly and her baby Zoe. We walked around Quincy market and the north end. We lucked out with the weather and it actually wasn't too bad considering every other day seems like it has been raining! While we were down there I realized people back in the day probably didn't build the city thinking about families.
Did they even have strollers back when this city was built?!? I def wonder how people with children are suppose to get around. I am so surprised Reilly didn't spit up from all the bouncing from going over the cobblestone streets. And besides that the sidewalks are so narrow and I have no idea how stores expect to get customers in when you need to go up steps! You can tell that cities were designed by MEN!!!!!!!
Oh yea and how about restaurants not having changing tables in the bathrooms! COME ON PEOPLE! This is the 21st century and I am pretty sure in a city like Boston (relying heavily on tourist)  they would be more family friendly! How do they expect anyone to get around with a baby? I mean really how much does it cost to put in a changing table...$100? Cheers is the second place this week we went to without a changing table. (Yes you may think..Cheers...isn't that a bar? Why would you have a baby at a bar? But it is a restaurant and during the day the one in Quincy market was actually filled with children because they have tvs and quick and easy food. So no judgment!)
It made me wonder if I have all this trouble with a stroller what about people in wheel chairs!? I thought it was mandatory to be handicapped friendly....obviously not in Boston.
Needless to say I love Boston but probably won't be going back to Quincy Market very often with Reilly. I guess we will just have to wait til the weather warms up and we can go to the parks and walk around the ocean front.
Below are a few photos from the past couple days. (Sorry not from the trip to Boston on Monday but figured I would throw a few in anyways.)
playing with his toy sitting up like a lil man in his chair!

relaxing in bed (our morning ritual)

playing around laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment