Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week without Daddy

As many of you know Alex travels a lot with work. And when I say a lot I mean A LOT!!!! He has been gone 3 out of the last 6 weeks! Luckily in the past while he was gone I either had visitors or I went home so I never really felt alone. But I knew with the amount that he traveled it wasn't realistic to think that would happen every time. 
Alex was gone over the past week. And although I must admit I was a little nervous at first it wasn't so bad taking care of everything while he was gone. I tried to think of it as a challenge I knew I would be great at. I think the hardest part was figuring out the right time to take out the dog! (you might not think that sounds hard but when you don't have a fenced in yard and a baby to take along with you it isn't that easy!) I went into it thinking it was going to be awful. But really it was our normal routine during the days when its normally just Reilly and me anyways. The only time I noticed it, was at night. However, I was so exhausted by the end of the day it wasn't so bad and I just went to bed early. I kept myself busy during the days by running errands and cleaning and I even found time to meet up with a friend one day and my cousin the next!
On Wednesday I met up with someone I knew from college. Her name is Kelly, and I actually swam with her husband Aaron at Wright State. After we graduated, Aaron joined the Coast Guard and  is now stationed on Cape Cod. Even though we live a hour and a half away from each other it is comforting knowing someone somewhat close by. Kelly actually had their little baby girl Zoe a week after Reilly was born. So it has been so nice to first vent to each other about pregnancy, and now talk about life with a baby. It has been great being able to talk to someone going through the exact same things at the exact same times! So we met up for the first time since we have lived here at an outdoor shopping mall on Wednesday. The weather was actually pretty nice and it was great to have some girl time! While we were at Panera catching up, this older women that worked there kept talking to us about the babies. Since she was hanging around for awhile I asked her to take a picture of us. And she was so sweet but couldn't figure out how to use the camera. She was being so nice I didn't want to tell her they both turned out bad! After lunch we went shopping for a bit and bought the babies some fun things. It was a great day and a nice way to break up the week! Here are the pictures the women took for us.
The first picture the lady decided to cut Reilly and I out!

Second picture she managed to make half blurry. To bad cause Reilly was checking out Zoe!

Reilly loves his new Taggies toy we bought him at the mall. He is so intrigued and smiles at it. So Cute!

While we were out running errands on Saturday he was such a little stud with his sunglasses on!


Just hanging out with the Easter Bunny...
Thursday I took Reilly over to my cousin Liz's house to hang out. Yes, my cousin lives about 15 minutes away but I have not actually hung out with her in about 2 months! So it was def nice to just go relax and catch up for a few hours.
Thank goodness Alex was only gone for a week because I was so anxious for him to get home on Friday! We have been blessed with good weather this weekend so we have tried to take advantage of it. We have taken Reilly and Rufus on at least 2 walks a day! On Saturday, we ran errands and ate lunch at the sea dog brewery close to us (they have great blueberry beer!) While we were out we put Reilly's new sunglasses on and he was SOOOO cute! Everywhere we went people were commenting on how cute he was! Alex and I loved it and were just soaking it all in.....although I think Reilly could not have cared less.
Then today to end the great weekend we took Reilly to meet the Easter Bunny! I was so scared he would cry when he saw him but he didn't! He actually looked like he was going to fall asleep! After we ate lunch at Legal Seafood (my favorite restaurant) then we came home to take another walk and enjoy the weather. It has been such a relaxing weekend and so nice to have our little family back together again. Its hard to believe the weekend is already over! We are hoping this weather will actually stick around we will get to enjoy it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment