Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Riding in style!

Reilly is now riding in style! We got him a new stroller a couple weeks ago and he absolutely loves it! When I was pregnant I was WAY overwhelmed with the amount I had to register for and the millions of types of everything out there. For this reason I went solely on fabric that was available for the stroller.
  After I had Reilly and used the the stroller it was nice, but I started finding little things that were not my favorite. One of the things that was wrong with it was that it was hard to maneuver with one hand (picture Rufus chasing a squirrel and me trying to steer the stroller with my forearm so it would go as straight as possible.) It was also hard to collapse and I realized that the handle bar didn't switch directions so once Reilly was out of his car seat he would be facing forward and I wouldn't be able to see his beautiful face! It was also a rough ride and pretty heavy. In the back of my mind I knew I eventually wanted to get a new stroller but it probably wasn't going to happen right away.
Then when I went to LA to visit one of my bestest friends Lindsey Mauntel, I met her friend Lindsey who has a 9 month old. One day when we were shopping Lindsey brought her son Parker with us. I noticed her heavy duty stroller. She was talking about how she did all this research and she bought the Cadillac of strollers. It was called the "Uppababy". It made me think about how I really did not do any research on strollers before I registered for mine.
I got home and I was telling Alex all about it and we started looking up strollers and thinking about other ones in the back of our minds. Then when my mom was in town visiting we saw UPPABABY's everywhere! There were like 7 one day and 5 the next! It was crazy! How was I so out of the loop when it came to strollers?
A few days later we went to the book store and got a new parenting book. (It tells you week to week what to expect with your little one, questions and concerns that typically come up and toys/games to play.) When I opened it up to 10 weeks the first thing it talked about was STROLLERS! Really, strollers?!?! Everything I saw around me now was strollers. It made me feel so stupid that I didn't take picking out the right stroller more seriously when I registered! So I started doing more and more research...
Ever since I first saw the Uppababy I loved it. I thought it was so neat that you could add on an additional seat when you have another baby to make it a double stroller. A few weeks later when I was in Wisconsin I went to Buy Buy Baby with my mom. They sold Uppababy's and a ton of other strollers so we started really checking them out and asking questions. We even put Reilly in the bassinet of one and he loved it! But then.....we found out more of the cons about Uppababy and realized it was for us.....it was so disappointing!
When I got home from my trip in Wisconsin, Alex took me to a baby store in the south end of Boston to look at strollers. That is when we found (and bought) the perfect stroller for us! It is called the City Select from Baby Jogger. It is very similar to the Uppababy but it is sturdier and can hold more weight in the additional seats. I was so excited! And so was Reilly! He loves it! It not only can sit his car seat (with an adapter) but you can change the seat to put in a bassinet or eventually the bigger kid seat! I get so excited now to take him out for walks! He loves the bassinet! He can move around and have more freedom than a normal stroller. But since Reilly thinks its cool to grow so fast I don't know how much longer we will be able to use the bassinet!
Trying out the Uppababy's bassinet


In the bassinet after a walk

sound asleep

hanging out (sitting up in the bassinet)
We are so happy with the new stroller that we have and can't wait to use it more and more with the spring weather that has been popping up!

(p.s- Anyone that knows of someone looking for a Graco stroller that was only used for 3 months let me know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment