Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cape Cod

A couple weeks ago we decided to go to Cape Cod on a little family vaca for the weekend after our Anniversary. We drove down Friday morning and stayed through Sunday. We stayed at my Great Uncle's home on the Cape in Mashpee. Its the same home we went to during the summers when I was growing up. When we pulled into the driveway it brought back soooo many happy memories from my past.
 After we unpacked we went to the beach. Reilly had a blast. He was all smiles playing in the sand, relaxing in the beach chairs, and watching the water go over his little feet. It was actually pretty special because he played with the same beach toys I used to play with when I was little (they even had "Reilly" written on them still!)  After the beach, we went out to dinner to a seafood restaurant on the edge of the ocean. It was so relaxing to sit outside eating fresh seafood listening to the waves hitting the shore. Reilly was tired from the long day so once we got home from dinner he went straight to bed and Alex and I enjoyed a quiet night playing cards and talking. (we decided it would be a no tv/internet vacation which was actually really nice and relaxing! I suggest everyone try it sometime!)
On Saturday, we took a ferry to Martha's Vineyard. Reilly LOVED the ferry. It was so cute because once we left shore he said "bye bye" to the dock. He had fun looking out the window at the boats and seagulls going by and exploring the floor of the ferry we were on. I'm pretty sure he even went up to every dog saying "ruf ruf" and trying to pet them.  I hadn't done much research as to what sites/places to check out once we got there and by the time we got across we only had 2.5 hours before the ferry left which was too bad. We still had enough time to walk around Vineyard Haven and check out the few shops they had to offer. Although it wasn't everything I expected it to be I would go back. Next time when we go back we heard we need to check out Edgartown. So I am not crossing the Vineyard off our bucket list of places to check out during our time in Massachusetts yet! It was a fun day and I even got a few good pics of Reilly in Woods Hole (the part of the Cape where the ferry left from).
Sunday was our last day on the Cape. After Reilly woke up from his morning nap we decided to walk around Falmouth. They have a really cute town center full with little shops and restaurants. We ate lunch at a great mexican place! After we finished up there we drove back home to base. Luckily we didn't sit in the much anticipated traffic so the trip wasn't bad at all.
It was a successful relaxing family vacation! :)
on the ferry to the Vineyard

Having fun on the ferry :)

Some of the boats docked on the Vineyard

<3

out front of my uncle's place

Add caption





relaxing

No comments:

Post a Comment