Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Girlfriend

Apparently when I was pregnant with Reilly I listened to A LOT of Katy Perry (for those of you that don't know who she is, she is amazing and you need to look up her music.) Every time she came on while I was pregnant Reilly would be "dancing" like crazy in my tummy. It was so funny that he would kick so much during her songs. I loved her song "California Girl" and listened to it all the time! I was so happy that before my baby was even born he had great taste in music!
When Reilly was almost 2 weeks old we noticed that the lil' guy still loved Katy Perry.
Alex and I were relaxing one day and Katy Perry came on the IPAD. We noticed that Reilly could hear her voice and would track it. We realized he recognized the voice. We would move the IPAD around the room and Reilly's eyes would be following the direction of her music. We then started noticing that her voice would soothe him.
Every time Reilly gets cranky now we play Katy Perry to calm him down. We call her his "girlfriend". He has good taste because she is beautiful and talented! We will play her music by him and whenever he can hear her voice over his crying he gets quiet and falls asleep.
When my sister was here she saw this first hand. However, I made a mistake and pressed the wrong thing on the computer so it only played one of her songs and stopped without it playing her album straight through.....I have learned my lesson! Once her song had finished and another one didn't come on he started screaming! We had to start over from scratch with him having to hear her voice over his screaming for a little bit.
I was thinking that I was going to put Katy Perry's cd in his baby box so when he gets older he can listen to the voice he loved. But then I was thinking cds will probably not exist when he grows up so I will have to think of a different way to show him his "girlfriend from the womb".

Here is a link to one of Reilly's favorite Katy Perry songs and a cute picture of the lil guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw


No comments:

Post a Comment